UK Delivery and International Shipping
UK Mainland DeliveryAll our Wooden Garden Obelisks and Planters are constructed using traditional mortice and tenon joints, as such they are delivered Fully Assembled and ready for use
Delivery within mainland UK is provided at a cost per item:
- £40 per obelisk size 160cm to 195cm
- £60 per obelisk size 200cm to 230cm
- £80 per obelisk 240cm
- £100 per obelisk above 240cm
- £60 per planter
As soon as your obelisk order is ready for delivery we will contact you and arrange a suitable date. We ask you to provide a contact telephone number for use on the day of the delivery, to help us keep you updated on the delivery schedule. When delivery is arranged please ensure that there is somebody available to receive the obelisk.
UK Mainland Delivery - Pallet Delivery
When your obelisk or planter order is ready for delivery we will contact you and ask for you to provide a preferred delivery date, Monday - Friday, after which we will book the collection of the obelisks or planters using either the 24 or 48 hour delivery service, with delivery planned for the agreed delivery date. If you require Saturday delivery, this may be arranged at an additional cost, of which you will be notified at the time (payment for Saturday delivery must be made prior to delivery.)
NOTE: Pallet delivery tracking information will be provided, however during the exceptional times caused by Covid19, deliveries may be delayed.
Updated 11th February 2021
Europe & International ShippingOverseas Shipping: Wooden Garden Obelisk can arrange overseas shipping to Europe or the USA, please get in touch before placing an order and we will endeavour to find the best quotes for you. All shipping costs must be paid for by the customer before shipping of the goods can commence.
We have an account with a local shipping company that can offer international shipping, including 'door to door' delivery services. To date we have successfully shipped our wooden garden obelisks to customers within Europe and to the USA.
Please contact us with the details of your enquiry so that we can provide an estimate for the shipping costs.
International Shipping - USAWhen shipping our wooden garden obelisk and planters to the USA there are numerous policies and administrative processes to complete, whereby we will provide relevant documents and information that will allow you to complete the process of importing wooden garden obelisks into the US. Together with the worldwide shipping company that we use, we will provide the documentation required that will allow you to liaise with the 'local' shipping agent and US Customs & Border with regard to the Customs documentation and payment of import taxes.
We will provide you with various documents including:
- Bill of Lading
- Declaration of value for the goods purchased
- For order values in excess of $2500, The Lacey Act Declaration (PPQ Form 505) as required by US law for the import of wood products to be submitted to the United States Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- HTS Number - the Harmonized Tariff Schedule Code for the merchandise
- Goods: Wood and articles of wood; 4421999999
Lacey Act - Reference Information
US Forest Legality Initiative - Lacey Act
- Who needs to file a declaration?
- Any individual or company importing wood products (formal entries) into the United States needs to submit a declaration.
- Plant product trade across US state and county lines does NOT require a declaration.
- What is the difference between formal and informal entry?
- A formal entry requires a Lacey Act Declaration. Formal entries are goods valued at $2,000 or more, as defined by Customs and Border Protection.
- Personal effects valued under $2,000 not intended for trade do not require a declaration, ever. In addition, APHIS is not enforcing the declaration on hand carried baggage/luggage. This includes, for example, personal musical instruments.
US Customs and Border Protection - Filing an informal entry (for goods valued at less than $2500)
- How do I file an informal entry (for goods valued at less than $2500)?
- In general, an informal entry involves the importation of merchandise that does not exceed $2,500 in value.
- Informal entries do not require a posting of a Customs bond and are liquidated at the time of release.
- Informal entries are used for both personal and commercial importations.
Latest Information 10 August 2018
Please contact us with the details of your enquiry so that we can provide an estimate for shipping